Q. Can I access Smith's databases if I'm JYA or out of the country?
Most of Smith’s online databases can be accessed from foreign countries.
- Exceptions include: all FirstSearch databases (WorldCat, etc.)
Unable to connect from overseas?
- Your browser may time out before connecting.
- The likely cause: Network traffic and the number of nodes that must be traversed.
- Any settings affecting timeouts need to be adjusted at your end, not our end.
- There have also been reports of problems because of firewall restrictions placed on computers at the access site. If this is the case, please try to access from a home computer or a public library.