Q. How do I access databases and e-resources from off-campus?
Use links from the Libraries website to be recognized as a Smith community member for off-campus access. Research Tools is a great place to start.
- Library Databases and links on Subject Guides give you authenticated access -- just enter your Smith username and password when prompted
- The Journal Locator shows volumes of journal titles available to you through SC Links
- Alumnae have access to selected Smith resources after graduation -- see Services for Alumnae
- Going directly to publishers’ and journal websites will generally not give you access to subscription e-resources
- You have to login again after closing your browser or when the Smith e-resource connection times out
- Report any problems – we’ll help you figure it out. We’re also experts at finding free access when it’s available through authors’ websites and institutional repositories